Categories: Events, Shaddock Homes | Posted: December 12, 2014 | Comments Off on Celebrating the Holidays in D/FW
There are so many fun things to do in D/FW at this time of year and we wanted to share with you a few ideas that will most definitely get you in the Holiday spirit!!
1. Trains at NorthPark: The trains will celebrate its 16th year at NorthPark Center this year and the exhibit encompasses over 4,000 square feet of trains on a journey across America. Visit anytime between now and January 6th. Adults: $6, Kids (3-12 years) & seniors: $3, Kids (2 & under): free.
2. The 12 Days of Christmas: Visit the Dallas Arboretum through January 4th and experience an elaborate collection of 25-foot Victorian gazebos filled with the charming costumed characters and whimsical animals made famous by the beloved Christmas carol. Adults: $15, Seniors: $12, Kids (3 – 12 years): $10, Kids (under 3): free; Parking: $10 at the gate, $5 online.
3. Texas Christkindl Market: Bring the family out to Arlington and enjoy this enchanted outdoor market with live entertainment, exquisite handmade gifts, ornaments and German delicacies! Visit through December 21st.
4. Jingle Bell Run: For the fitness lovers in your life, make sure to register for the Jingle Bell Run (1 mile run or 5K) taking place on Sunday, December 21st at the Hilton Anatole. Registration ranges from $20 to $40.
5. ICE and more at the Gaylord Texan: Get in the spirit with 1.5 million lights, a 54-foot rotating Christmas tree, 25-foot-tall nutcrackers and a life-size gingerbread house! The ICE exhibit features 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice! Enjoy snow tubing down the ice slide through December 31st. Tickets start at $16.99 for kids and $29.99 for adults.
6. Christmas Tour of Lights: Head over to Farmers Branch to view over 500,000 twinkling lights! You’ll travel through a variety of different scenes, each with their own theme, from fantasy to patriotic. Visit through December 30th; free admission.
7. Sparkle! Christmas at the Anatole: Want to take the kids ice skating? The Hilton Anatole offers the perfect experience! With an indoor skating rink, 1.2 million holiday lights and light shows every half hour, you are sure to have a wonderful time! Visit now through January 4th; Adults: $19,95, Kids: $15.95.